Status:Closed    Asked:Jun 18, 2018 - 12:41 PM

Are respondents in the IPUMS higher ed surveys also in the IPUMS USA surveys? If so, how do you link them?

I am looking to link data sets. IPUMS Higher Ed data comes with an individual identification number: personid . I do not see this same variable in the IPUMS USA data sets. Is there a way to link these two datasets or are these surveys not the same respondents?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

Staff Answer


Jeff Bloem


The data in IPUMS USA and IPUMS Higher Ed are completely independent from each other. IPUMS USA data comes from the US Census and IPUMS Higher Ed data comes from surveys conducted by the National Science Foundation. Therefore individuals included in each sample are not able to be linked between the two projects.


Jun 18, 2018 - 01:09 PM

Report it


Is there a way to link place FIPS codes to the variable CITY in IPUMS-USA?
Does ipums provide the full data set for ACS one year surveys? or just a perc...
For the Higher Ed dataset of all the observations the salary is at most $150,...
Merging NBER and IPUMS ASEC data for 1962-1967 surveys
Login   |   Register

Recently Active Members

View More »

Share |