Question

Status:Open    Asked:Aug 06, 2015 - 12:42 PM

Can I combime the 1%(1%) and 10%(6%) sample in the 1880 (1900) into a 11%(6%) sample?

In the US census, I was wondering can I combime the 1% and 10% sample in the 1880 into a 11% sample? and can I combime the 1% and 5% sample in the 1900 into a 6% sample?

For the 1880, the Sample Designs page (https://usa.ipums.org/usa/chapter2/ch...) said "The 1% and 5% samples may combined for a total of a 6% sample", and the data descriptions said "[1880 10%] sample replaces the 1880 5% preliminary sample" (https://usa.ipums.org/usa/sampdesc.sh...)

For the 1900, the Sample Designs page (https://usa.ipums.org/usa/chapter2/ch...) said "Either of the 1% samples may be combined with the 2.5% sample, for a total sample size of 3.5%", and the the data descriptions said "[1900 5%] sample replaces the 1900 2.5% preliminary sample" (https://usa.ipums.org/usa/sampdesc.sh...)

That's why I am not sure whether I can combine the individual samples of 1880 (1%, 10%) and 1900 (1%, 5%) into a larger sample (11% in 1880 and 6% in 1900)

Thank you in advance!

 
Do you have the same question? Follow this Question
 

Answers

This question has not yet been answered.

OTHER QUESTIONS NEEDING ANSWERS

It it okay to combine the six 1% samples of the 1970 US Census into a 6% samp...
Obtain preliminary 1-in-200 "Minnesota" 1900 sample?
Why are there fewer counties in the 1950 1% sample compared to the 1940 1% sa...
Login   |   Register

Recently Active Members

View More »

Share |