Status:Closed    Asked:Mar 26, 2017 - 10:17 PM

I am using the CPI99 on your web site:

First of all thank you for your prompt answer to my last question - sorry to bother you again. I have 2016 data I need to convert to 1999. Is there current data available for last year yet?

For instance, I have 2016 earnings I need to convert to 1999 and I assume that what a person earned in 2016 is the "income year" and there should be another line added to the table for data year 2017?

If my understanding is wrong, please let me know.


- Pete

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

Staff Answer


Jeff Bloem


The reference period for the income questions in the ASEC is the year prior to the survey enumeration year. Therefore, if you are using the 2016 ASEC sample then the income year is 2015. This line is on the bottom of Table 1 and Table 2 on this page.

I hope this helps.


Mar 27, 2017 - 09:06 AM

Report it


Year-specific data citation in IPUMS-CPS
Converting Dollar Amounts to Constant 1999 Dollars with CPI99
Login   |   Register

Recently Active Members

View More »

Share |