Status:Closed    Asked:Dec 12, 2014 - 03:49 PM

I want to measure ratial residential segregation and so I need a census tract identifier. Where can I get it?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

Staff Answer




Unfortunately, census tract information is not available in the public use microdata files due to confidentiality restrictions. You can obtain summary data at the tract level through NHGIS or American FactFinder, if that works for your purposes. Otherwise, if you need individual-level data at the census tract level then you will have to go through a Census Research Data Center. The application process to obtain such data through a Census RDC is substantial.

Hope this helps.


Dec 15, 2014 - 10:56 AM

Report it


Change in CPS EMPSTAT (A-LFSR Labor force status recode) in 2001?
I have an extract 2001 to 2015. Total number of people: 4 million, but in bir...
Why are there fewer counties in the 1950 1% sample compared to the 1940 1% sa...
Is the value of INCWKCOM included in the value of INCDISAB?
Trying to access CPS online analysis tool
ACS METRO variable construction
Login   |   Register

Recently Active Members

View More »

Share |