Status:Closed    Asked:Apr 21, 2014 - 03:27 PM

I am trying to come up with unemployment rate among adult children (18-34) living at home. How would i do this?

How to find the unemployment rate among adult children (18-34) living at home and if there are any weights or variables I need to be aware of. Same thing with the marriage rate among this population

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

Staff Answer




To identify adult children living with their parents, I would recommend using the IPUMS constructed MOMLOC and POPLOC variables. If both of these variables are 0, the respondent does not live with his/her mother or father. Once you have identified the individuals who are living with their parents (MOMLOC>0 OR POPLOC>0) you can analyze the populations unemployment, marital status, etc.

I hope this helps.


Apr 21, 2014 - 03:48 PM

Report it


when trying to declare the IPUMS data as panel on stata there are repeated ti...
2010 5-year PUMA definition
Where can I find city populations, by age, San Diego, New Orleans, Atlanta, C...
Hi, it has been over 4 hours for my data extract and I was wondering if there...
When I take several Nov Supplements, the weighted number of voters equals pub...
Are there aggregate categories for OCC/OCCLY in CPS?
Login   |   Register

Recently Active Members

View More »

Share |